Welcome to our Self-Study WordPress Course!
This 12-lesson course is broken up into 4 weeks, designed to help you build your website and learn how to use WordPress in just 1 month (or less…).
But don’t worry, we know that you may need more time than that, so we’ve given you full access to every lesson in this course for 12 weeks!
What to Expect:
- Each week will include at least 3 lessons.
- Each lesson will include 1 video, 1 checklist, and some have additional workbooks and resources.
- Videos average just 10 minutes in length, designed to teach you just a small amount at a time.
- Checklists accompany each video to help you keep a clear outline of each set of objectives.
- Workbooks are provided to help you take you through the development and design stages with more ease and also provide additional resources at important stages.
- Then, we have also created a greater resources section with additional links and information that you may find useful.
- Domain registration and hosting
- Installing WordPress
- Choosing and installing your theme
- WordPress setting and tools
- Header customization and formatting
- Navigation and menus
- Plugin selection and installation
- Widget editing and usage
- Adding and editing pages
- Adding and editing blog posts
- Images and videos
- Categories and tags
- Updating WordPress
- Technical resources
- Marketing resources
NOTE: #1, 14 & 15 are resources and not full lessons like the other 12.
- At the end of each lesson, there is a ‘complete’ button that will indicate you’re done with that lesson.
- And at the end of each week there’s a simple progress assessment for you to complete and submit.
These assessments in addition to your comments and feedback along the way will help us to keep improving this course, so please be honest and let us know how you’re doing.
So, what are you waiting for? Click ‘complete’ and let’s get started!
Do you need a website? Ready to start learning the most popular platform available, WordPress?
Do you have an online business, and are sick of paying (and waiting on) designers to make the changes you need done to your site?
If it’s time for you to take the bull by the horns learn more about WordPress, or finally get your site launched, this workshop is for you!
If you’re a business owner, and you’re in need of a website, we have a deal for you…
Learn how to build, launch, and maintain your own website in just 4 weeks (1 MONTH!) with this self-study WordPress Course.
WordPress is the #1 website and blogging platform available. The options and versatility make it ideal for growing and scaling your business. And if you know how to use it, it’s also FREE!
What does this course include?
- 12 self-study videos to watch and learn at your own pace. We broke it all down into 12 easy to consume (average 10 min) videos for you – NO STRESS!
- 5 workbooks to help walk you through creating a great impression
- 12 checklists to ensure you’re completing each step in the process
- Technical resources, including tips on hosting, plugins, and themes
- Marketing resources, including blogging and SEO tools and best practices
- Discounts on support and future programs
What does all this mean? With this 4 week self-study WordPress course, you will have access to everything you need to create, launch, market, and edit your website without the needing to hire an expensive web designer (unless you choose to), resources to help you going forward, and a better overall understanding of how to make your website work for you and your business.
Course Introduction & Overview
Steps you need to take before you can start building and designing your website, plus installing WordPress and choosing your theme. Estimated Completion Time: 3-4 hours
Just like any good building or successful business, you start with the foundation. This week we cover the steps needed to build your website, including headers, navigation, and plugins. Estimated Completion Time: 2-3 hours
With the foundation in place, let's work on the overall look and funtion of your website. This week we cover; widget usage, creating pages, and publishing blog posts. Estimated Completion Time: 3-5 hours
Once your site is built, there is still a certain amount of maintenance ot ensure that your site is up-to-date and secure. This week we are finishing op on our design elements and showing you how to maintain your site. Estimated Completion Time: 2-3 hours
Here are some additional resources and links to help you continue to improve your website and your marketing efforts.
0.00 average base on 0 ratings